Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Damn it Janet

People may or may not agree with me on this, but I think that Richard O'Brien's movie, The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of the greatest cult classic movies around. There are many reasons why I say this. Again, many people might not agree with me, but I am going to tell you my readers, if there are any of you, why I love this movie.
1) The story- The story in this movie might be an odd at its best, but I find it enjoyable. It tells about two kids Brad Majors (Barry Bostwick) and Janet Weiss (Susan Sarandon), who get lost after going to a wedding. While driving they make a wrong turn, and wind up by this castle, which is owned by Dr. Frank N. Furter (Tim Curry), who they find out many things about. One of the things they found about him that Furter created a man to love.
2) The Characters- Each character bought something to the story. Frank N. Furter is the gay scientist who one of the three main characters. He is the man who runs this castle that Brad and Janet come across when they get lost. Furter has a bunch of servants who work for him
3) Brad and Janet- The two kids who get lost and wind up at the castle and are trapped there. While there, they both try to find their way out, but fail miserably, until the end of the movie until they are saved. They meet every one of Furter's servants while they are in this castle.
4) Riff-Raff, Magenta, and Columbia- These three, how do I put this nicely, "freaks" who work for Frank N. Furter, help him keep, our hero and heroine, in this castle. Throughout the movie, they help out, until the very end.
5) Eddie- Is a motorcycle riding zombie, played by Meatloaf . He has a few moments in the film, but doesn't last very long, and you'll find out why.
There are many more reasons. If you'd like to find out what they are ask me.

No comments: