Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 28, 2009

Halloween II vs. Halloween II

This is blog pitting Halloween II against Halloween II, which you can plainly see. I am just writing this to say that I saw Rob Zombie's version of this movie today (8/28) or yesterday if you read this after midnight. I thought this movie would be good, but it really wasn't. I just don't know what it was, but I honestly think that the story didn't make much sense. My question is this MR. Zombie: Why stray from the original story? It was fine just the way it was.
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed his other movies, but I am not talking about them right now. I am talking about his version of Halloween II compared to John Carpenter and Debra Hill's version. With Hill and Carpenter's version, they pick up where their 1978 version of Halloween ended. It picks up when Loomis played by Donald Pleasance shoots Meyers, and thinks he kills him. Rob Zombies version does not do this. This again leads to the question that I asked above. Go ahead and read it again.
The entire hour and forty-five minutes I was in there, I kept telling myself, "this isn't right, and it doesn't make sense." I will not ruin the story for those of you who haven't seen it, but trust me it doesn't make sense. All I will say is that it doesn't pick up where his remake of Halloween leaves off.
On a scale of 1-10 stars I give this 1.5 stars!

No comments: