Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 18, 2011

That's Jenga


On Friday March 18, 2011, I the author of this blog, saw the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost written movie Paul. There are some things that I did like about it and some that I didn't.

One of the first things that I liked was the cast, which consisted of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jason Bateman, Sigorney Weaver, and Seth Rogen as the Voice of Paul. The cast well assembled in my opinion with the exception of Rogen who I am not a big fan of.

Second thing that I like was the story. Why? It was well written, it certainly filled the 100 minutes, and it kept you watching the screen the entire time.

One thing I didn't like was the comedy moments. To me the attempt was there, but it didn't stick. Maybe it's just me, or maybe my sense of humor got up and left.

I give this movie a 5 1/2

2 comments:

Bryce said...

This was a great movie to me. Although the ending was a bit of what we all expected, there were some good twists in it. I actually thought that the humour worked well, but, I'm a bit of a fan of subtle humour, which this film has quite a bit of. If Seth Rogan had to be in it, at least I didn't have to see him :)

The ironic thing I found in it, was that there was a verrry subtle moral message about being open-minded and discarding prejudices. Very subtle, but it was there. If it weren't for the language, I would take my kids to see this movie.

There were a few times of, "Where is this going?" But I definitely agree with you that I didn't ever yawn or check my watch during the movie. Very good film. One for my shelf when it comes available to purchase. I'd give it between 7..8.

Mr. Moviefone said...

Thanks for the comment. I see where you are coming from, but don't agree with it all.