Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Laurence "Cowboy Curtis" Fishburn

There is a reason why I am writing this movie blog about Laurence Fishburn; there is also a reason why I have a picture of Cowboy Curtis up there.

Now on to the reasons. On Saturday April 2nd, while going out with some friends of mine, we were having interesting conversations. One question that I brought up was what's one movie you could watch over and over again. People gave answers, and then the topic moved on to The Matrix.

After the conversation about The Matrix started, I stated I couldn't take the movie seriously because of Laurence Fishburn. Don't get me wrong, he's had other serious roles, but they were more believable. OK, I'll admit it is kind of hard for me to take him seriously.

Why? you maybe wondering. I'll Tell you why. It is because of his character Cowboy Curtis, from Pee-Wee's Playhouse. If you've never seen Pee-Wee's playhouse, let me explain the premise. It is a TV show about a "boy" named Pee-Wee, who lives in a playhouse and has his friends come over. Some of those friends are Tito, Miss Yvonne, Reba the Mail Lady, the King of Cartoons, Mrs. Steve, and of course Cowboy Curtis, played by Fishburn.

I'm sorry but how do you take a person in a serious TV or movie role when you know he played a cowboy with a Jheri Curl?

No comments: