Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Movies and Summer

I know the summer is coming and the blockbusters are making their way into the theaters, but are all of these movies going to be blockbuster? Some yes, some maybe, and some absolutely not. The reason why I say this is because all of these movies get hyped up for release and people go and spend their twelve dollars on a tickets and either really like the movie, or be totally devastated by it.

Continuing on with this topic of discussion, which usually ends with me arguing with someone about what will be a good summer blockbuster, people always find out that I am right, but won’t tell me. I bring this up because I always have these coital debates with people at work. Of course, they choose not to believe me when I tell them, so I let then suffer. I tell them, “Oh______(whoever it is), don’t see that movie. It’s going to be bad.” What happens, they see it, they waste their money, and then they tell me, “you’re the film student, why didn’t you tell me?” I did but they didn’t listen. This happens every year when the summer blockbusters come out.

What I’m really trying to get at is why wouldn’t you listen to the FILM STUDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Just curious? So guess what? I’ll just let you waste your money on shitty movies.

No comments: