Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 24, 2009

1980s movies

Yeah, I know movies from the ‘80s are corny, and maybe dumb to kids now a days. But, to tell you the truth they don’t know what they’re missing. Yeah, these movies may have bad stories, characters a much more working against them, but it happens. How do I say this? Being a film student, I feel that kids born in the 1990s should really watch movies from the 1980s. Yeah, they’ll think they’re weird, but it will bring a form of entertainment to everyone. I think it will show them that not all blockbusters had CGI, special effects, and sharks with laser beams attached to the tops of their frickin’ heads.
I know this may make oldity (As someone nicely put it), kick in, but what else can I say?
The reason I bring this up is because I am watching the 1980s classic Adventures in Babysitting. It got me to think about how 1980s movie can and are better than a lot of other movies that have come out in the last ten to fifteen years. No, I’m not saying that ‘90s movies are bad, some are and some aren’t, but we can’t fix that.
Do I expect everyone to agree with me on this? No! But I know you’ll to the death my right to say it. Agree if you want, disagree if you have to, but just remember on things.
Balls in your mouth, bust if ya must!!

No comments: