Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I met the Spartans....

And I was deeply disappointed. I thought it was going to be funny, but it really wasn't. I mean Don't get me wrong I liked Epic Movie, and Date Movie, but this one not so much. I honestly don't know what it was. I usually love spoof movies, (i.e. Spaceballs), but I just couldn't get into this. Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I'm losing my sense of humor, maybe my humor is changing. I really cannot say.
Yeah, people will look at me as being old, which I might be, but I guess, there is the fact that, it is very hard to make me laugh. I guess that's because of Kevin Smith, and his ever so smart humor, from Clerks on. Now that I look at it, that is a big reason why, but I guess after you're trained to laugh at one thing, you wouldn't laugh at something else unless you turn it in to something smart.
Getting Back to Meet the Spartans, I just didn't think that it was funny. I guess it wasn't written well enough to get me to laugh loud and obnoxiously, but it happens sometimes.
I didn't laugh. So I guess, they'll have to try harder

No comments: