Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 16, 2010

Parodies

Parodies are something you don't see a lot of in the movie world. I mean, yeah, some have been made. Yeah, some are better than others, and some just plain out suck. Even though that happens, people have the right to poke fun at things. The thing is that most parodies are familiar.

I've watched a few parodies in the movies. The most famous one I've seen is Mel Brooks' Spaceballs. For those of you who don't know, that's the Star Wars parody. This one is my favorite because I am a geek for episodes IV, V, &VI. Other than that, I loved Spaceballs because of how each character pokes fun at a Star Wars character.

Speaking of characters; some of my favorites are Barf, short for Barfolomew, played by John Candy, and Pizza the Hutt, voiced by Dom Deluise. Remember if you don't pay, you won't be ordering out for pizza, Pizza will be ordering out for you.

The second parody that I thought was funny was Silence of the Hams, starring Dom Deluise from the previous dinner. Silence of the Hams tells the story of murders that take place during a dinner.

Moving on. The next set of parodies that comes to mind are the Scary Movie movies. My opinion on those: indifferent. I say that because the first two were OK and the last two were bad.

Speaking of the Scary Movie franchise, leads me to my next parody, that I didn't like. That movie: Meet the Spartans. For those of you who don't know, this pokes fun at 300, which might I add is inaccurate.

Meet the Spartans was one of my least favorite parodies because I didn't find it funny.


No comments: