Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 13, 2010

David Spade Blog

Today at about three o'clock this morning, I was watching Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star on the TV. I am writing about this movie, because of the funny-ness of it. There are a few reasons why I think this movie is funny, even though many people do not.

Reason one: It shows what happens to child stars after they grow up, and they become "regular people." This is funny because it shows that they feel forgotten, and have to struggle just like everyone else. The only difference is that their struggle is a bit different from that of your Average Joe. Example of that is our struggle is to pay the bills; their struggle is to get another movie gig. Interesting isn't.

Another reason i enjoy this film is because it shows all these child stars from the 60s, 70s, and 80s who are in this movie to make it more life like, and really show us their struggle which I mentioned in the about example. Some of those actors/actresses are Leif Garrett, Dustin "Screech" Diamond, Barry "Greg Brady" Williams, Erin "Joanie Cunningham" Moran, Maureen "Marcia Brady" McCormick, and of course my favorite 70s star Fred "Rerun" Berry.

Now getting back to David Spade. This movie was perfect for Spade in my opinion, for one reason and one reason only, it is his first attempt to funny with out Chris Farley. I think that he achieved this feat. To me and some people who may agree with this, it was hard for Spade to attempt anything funny after the death of friend and comic genius Chris Farley. I can honestly say that I don't blame him. If you lost your best friend in a business world that you work in, you probably wouldn't don anything in that field for a while.

No comments: