Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 30, 2010

Trust Me I'm a Doctor

Now, I know many of you have heard of the 1975 shock rock/cult classic movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not too many people know that it had a sequel that was released in 1981. The name of that film, Shock Treatment.

What can I say about Shock Treatment? My answer, many different things. The first thing is that I can say is that it has the same oddness, and obscurity the Rocky Horror had and has.

There are many of the same elements to it, such as the corny musical numbers, characters from Rocky Horror that appear here, but are played by different people (Brad and Janet). The only Character that stayed the same is Ralph Hapschatt. Going back to the music, it is as corny as it was in Rocky Horror, maybe even more, but it keeps you entertained.

Now on to the plot. It still takes place in the fictional town of Denton. The only thing is that it takes place in a television studio because the lives of Brad and Janet, are made into a TV show. I can honestly say that was odd, but fun at the same time.

I know I am into very odd and peculiar movies, and let me tell you, this was one of them. Hats off to Richard O'Brien and the cast of this film. I have to say the as odd as this movie was, it was enjoyable. On a scale of 1-10, I have to give this movie a 9 1/2 stars

No comments: