Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 17, 2010

Charlie Brown Christmas

We all know that there are many different Charlie Brown specials. This past Tuesday while at the local bar for their wing night extravaganza, I noticed one thing. The thing that I noticed is that there are no Spanish or Asian kids in the Charlie Brown Movies.

I noticed this while Merry Christmas Charlie Brown was on in the bar. I bought up the point of there only being a single black in the movie, and an old buddy of mine told me that what I said was true.

What I'm getting at is this: if you come to think about it, the Peanuts movies and comic strips are somewhat racist. If you watch closely, there's the stereotypical token black kid, whose name I don't know and Pig Pen, who could represent the homeless community, but what about the Spanish and Asian kids Shultz?

No comments: