Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Detectives in film


Detectives in Film

There are many different detectives that become characters in movies. Some of them include Sherlock Holmes, Dick Tracey, and one of my favorite ones, Charlie Chan. One reason why I am writing this blog is because I received an enormous amount of Charlie Chan DVD’s for Christmas. Another reason is because I wanted to write about how fun it is to watch the “old-fashioned” detective crime and mystery movies.

After watching a few more Chan films after taking my Crime Genre class, I have become a fan of the detective from the Honolulu Police Department. Yes, some people might think that I am crazy, but they don’t know what it’s like to see an Asian detective at work.


One thing I like about the Charlie Chan movies, such as The Jade Mask or Charlie Chan in Honolulu is that they show that a detective should be smart, witty and whimsical while they solve a crime. OK. Some people may disagree with me, because that's the way life works, but it makes way in a sense.
While watching these movies, you can learn many things. A few of those things are: 1. how to solve a crime, 2. how to do it while number 1 son is trying to help, 3. how to make everyone else look bad while doing it, and 4. make some interesting statement.

No comments: