Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books Vs. Movies

Yes, some movies come from these things called books. You know, those things that have the words on the paper. What am I getting at? Well, I'll tell ya.

With books becoming movies, one thing that bothers me, is when the script doesn't follow the book 100%. This isn't totally true. Some scripts follow directly along with the book.

Two books that do that are And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, and The Autobiography of Malcolm X.

These two books are excellent examples of books that transfer well to the big screen. These two movies, make you, well at least me, think that the book is coming alive. That is for those of you who read both books and saw both movies.

IF the script sticks to the book, you believe the people playing the characters. For instance, Denzel Washington as Malcolm X. I know many people will tell me it's hard to see that, but, what I mean is, he makes an interesting historical person come alive.

No comments: