Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Saw

As many of you may or may not know, Saw 3D is coming out on October 29, 2010. This is the last film in the Saw series. In the next three weeks, I am going to watch the first six movie movies to prepare myself for the final installment. I will give my views on each one as I go along. Each one will be done in an individual blog.

Right now I have finished the first Saw. What can or could I saw about this film? There are many things that I can and will say.

The first thing that comes to mind is the concept. The concept of the film is that two men, Dr. Lawrence Gordon, and another man named Adam, wake up in an abandoned bathroom. The only trouble is that they have to find a way out. On problem there; the are chained by the ankles to pipes on opposite sides of the room from each other.

As the story goes on, they have clues given to them about how to get out of the room, where things that they may need are, and that are given to each other without realizing.

The characters are great as well. Each one plays a part in telling this very interesting story. For instance, you hear the story of Dr. Gordon, and Adam, partially from them and partially from John who is referred to as "The Jigsaw Killer."

Zep is an interesting character, because the first time we see him in the movie, is in the hospital, as an orderly. Then we later find out something about him.

John/Jigsaw is a great character because he is the person who teaches his victims to respect life. The way he does that is by putting the victims in to traps, and gives them the chance to escape. Yes, many people think that he is a murderer, but technically he isn't.

Danny Glover's character is rather interesting. That is all I can say about that.

On a scale of 1-10 I give this Saw a 6!

No comments: